(a)The term “person” includes an individual, partnership, corporation, or association;
(b)The term “interstate or foreign commerce” means commerce
(1) between any State, Territory, or possession, or the District of Columbia, and any place outside thereof;
(2) between points within the same State, Territory, or possession, or within the District of Columbia, but through any place outside thereof; or
(3) within any Territory or possession, or within the District of Columbia; and
(c)The term “filled milk” means any milk, cream, or skimmed milk, whether or not condensed, evaporated, concentrated, powdered, dried, or desiccated, to which has been added, or which has been blended or compounded with, any fat or oil other than milk fat, so that the resulting product is in imitation or semblance of milk, cream, or skimmed milk, whether or not condensed, evaporated, concentrated, powdered, dried, or desiccated. This definition shall not include any distinctive proprietary food compound not readily mistaken in taste for milk or cream or for evaporated, condensed, or powdered milk, or cream where such compound
(1) is prepared and designed for feeding infants and young children and customarily used on the order of a physician;
(2) is packed in individual cans containing not more than sixteen and one-half ounces and bearing a label in bold type that the content is to be used only for said purpose;
(3) is shipped in interstate or foreign commerce exclusively to physicians, wholesale and retail druggists, orphan asylums, child-welfare associations, hospitals, and similar institutions and generally disposed of by them.
Act July 12, 1943, ch. 221, title II, 57 Stat. 499, provided in part that act Mar. 4, 1923, which enacted this chapter, may be cited as the “Filled Milk Act”.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.